- Polymer development from resin to end application in paints, coatings adhesives and market.
- Phenolic resins: Water base, solvent base and natural phenol base.
- Acrylic resins: Emulsions, Cumulative Energy Demand, (CED) solvent base.
- Polyester; Solvent base, unsaturated polyesters.
- Epoxies: CED epoxies, epoxy phenolics and poxy dispersions
- Alkyds; Water base alkyds and modified alkyds
- Polyurethanes: Sealants and polyurethane dispersions.
- Architectural paints: Water base paints and solvent base paints.
- Contributed to over 200 recipes of alkyd, phenolic, acrylic, polyester for paint and adhesive applications and developed 20 acrylic emulsion recipes, 10 solvent based formulations for construction and decorative applications.
- Working in cost effective replacement petroleum feed stock with natural renewable chemicals; cardanol and curcumen in phenolic resin, epoxydised soya oil as reactive diluents in acrylic resin formulations.
- Silicon resin modifications and antifouling paint formulation.
- Chemical characterizations: GC, HPC, IR, UV-VIS, MASS.
- Special interest in pollution free chemical synthesis: Renewable petrochemical resources - vegetable oil based adhesives, vegetable oil extraction methods and adhesive traps for insect and mosquitoes.
Expert Witness Experience
- Legal support for the insurance industry providing coverage for resin manufactures.
- Provided expert witness for the financial industry supporting resin manufacturing.
Independent Technical Consultant, 2011 - Present
- Formulation of phenolic, alkyd, acrylic resin and emulsions formulations, production trials, plant investigations for improper installations of emulsions and resins.
- Resin industry set up, resin formulations and resin technology transfer.
- Paint industry set up: Paint formulations and product development.
- Adhesive formulation: Adhesive industry set up.
- Clients providing international resin consulting:
- Valspar Coating Corporation, India
- Oriental Coatings, Thailand
- Meknim Resin, LLP, Mumbai
- Build Core Chemicals, Mumbai
- Oneyex Crown Oil, Nigeria
- NTL Chemicals, Greece
- Wingroth Chemicals, Mumbai
Undisclosed Phytochemicals and Consulting Group, Executive Director, 2012 - Present
- Administrating and executing consulting assignments in coating resins, paints and adhesives.
- Managing research and manufacturing of photochemicals and phytochemical base resins.
- Providing expert witness for industrial loans and insurance related to the polymer and resins manufacturing.
Kansai-Nerolac Paints Ltd., India, Senior Executive Research and Development, 2007 - 2012
- Formulating and developing resins for paints, coatings, adhesives and construction chemicals.
- Conducting research on new requirement of resins by costumers and implementations in production.
- Testing and evaluating resins for paint, coating, inks and adhesives.
- Facilitating customer visit for analyzing technical problems.
- Processing resin lab batches for evaluating raw material and research.
- Developed high solid alkyds for packaging and automotive paints.
- Developed water based alkyd for decorative paints.
- Phenolic resin adhesive developed for foundry applications
- Alkyd resin modified with penolics, acrylic, silicone, epoxy resins for HPC paints.
- Acrylic emulsions developed for decorative paints.
- Deodorization and decolonization of the CNSL achieved.
Gargi - Huttenes Albertus Ltd., India, Executive Research and Development, 2005 - 2007
- Formulating and developing resins for foundry applications.
- Executing research trials and manufacturing trials.
- Executing online quality control of the resin manufacturing.
- Conducting costumer visits to understand technical issues and solving by research and development.
- Heat curing phenolic adhesives.
- Biodiesel from soya, cardanol, castor oil, (potential solvent in adhesive and coating formulations).
- Phenolic resins based on turmeric waste and CNSL.
Abhijit Plastic Industries, India, Executive Research and Development, 2000 - 2005
- Quality assurance and quality control of the plastic chemicals, textile chemicals, species and food.
- Rotational Molding, (RM) for polyethylene polystyrene processing, quality analysis of master batches and plastic additives, quality analysis of raw food like starch, turmeric, natural colors.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- National Young Scientist Award - Rubber Technical Center IIT Kgp
- GATE chemistry
- Junior Research Fellowship - Textiles Committee of India
- Thesis: Synthesis and characterizations of conducting polymers for super capacitor and energy storage devices.
- Three patents in process.
- M.Tech. Polymer Technology, IIT Kharagpur, India
- M.Sc. Chemistry, Amaravati University, Mharastra, India
- B.Sc. Chemistry, Amaravati University, Mharastra, India