- Project development including process design, detailed engineering follow-up, and plant troubleshooting and startup.
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP), risk assessments and risk management surveys.
Undisclosed Company, Present
Senior Technical Advisor
- Led process design effort for numerous multi-million dollar refinery capital projects.
- Technical startup leader on four major projects.
- Developed and presented courses in process design.
- Provided consulting support for several multi-million dollar projects in the areas of process and personnel safety, fire protection, and risk management.
- Provided technical counseling to numerous company affiliate and non-affiliate clients in the field of process safety.
- Participated in and led several Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS) for new and existing facilities.
- Presented several courses on the subject of Safety in Plant Design.
- Served as company representative at API's Fire Protection Program Group and the API Sub-Committee on Pressure Relieving Systems.
- Participated in Task Forces for API Publications 520, 521, and 2218.
- Contributed to the development and maintenance of various company internal manuals including Engineering Practices, Design Practices, and Safety Technology Manual.
Honors & Publications
- Co-Author: Educational text manuals; chemicals, safety, engineering and design.
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- B.S. Chemical Engineering (Summa Cum Laude) Catholic University of America, Washington DC