- Photonics and semiconductor industry.
- Marketing and business strategy for defense companies start-up.
- Low light level detection and imaging.
- Wide bandgap II-VI material systems.
- Semiconductor lasers and amplifiers.
- Precision humidity measurement.
- Nondestructive testing of steel.
- Metamaterials for use in optoelectronic applications.
- Single photon semiconductor technology.
- Revenue growth and increasing client base.
- Technical optics support; electro-optical systems.
Undisclosed Technical College, Director of Business Development, 2013 - 2014
- Established collaborations between faculty and companies by identifying a pipeline of potential opportunities, and matching potential partners.
- Actively managed a portfolio of custom clients. Revenue total $1 million.
- Analyzed business problems and opportunities with faculty and industry researchers, translating them into workable strategies, resulting in executable projects.
- Delivered technical scope proposals that provided a mutual financial benefit to private companies and universities.
- Expanded the Industry Association Board of the Center for Metamaterials by bringing on board five major new members, ensuring the long term sustainability of the Center. Revenue increase: $200 thousand.
- Actively participated in fundraising activities, including researching and writing grant proposals, to support and advance center initiatives.
- Created custom satisfaction survey to plan future CAT actions.
Amplification Technologies Inc., Paramus, NJ, Business Development Manager, 2009 - 2012
- Start-up defense related, technology company; as key member of management team, established new customer base with major defense contractors.
- Worked on partnerships with these firms to secure funding for product development and future OEM sales. These included: Lockheed Martin, DRS Technologies, BAE Systems, FLIR and L3 Electro Optics.
- Opened up funding opportunities with U.S. Army, DARPA and NRL.
- Surpassed annual sales target for by 50%.
- Established international manufacturer's rep sales representation coverage.
- Strategic planning and sales and marketing duties, project management duties, applications support, trade show management, technical presentations, technical article authorship.
Magnetic Analysis Corporation, Elmsford, NY, Sales Manager, 2005 - 2008
- Key accomplishment of opening up market in India for the company's products resulting in orders to ship for a total $5 million, (company total turnover for sales was $10 million).
- Further orders exceeding $10 million from India.
- Prepared detailed technical proposals (in collaboration with technical team) for multimillion dollar contracts based on the company's technologies and acted as project manager upon order receipt.
- Program and project management duties for several major orders received from India.
- Coordinated efforts of Business Development Managers, District Managers and Field Service Engineers in thirteen districts throughout the U.S.A. and agents overseas.
- Worked closely with company's engineers to define and design customized products to meet customer demand.
Honors & Publications
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Marketing, Bryant University, Smithfield, RI
- Selling - Miller-Heiman Sales Training
- Dale Carnegie Training: Dale Carnegie High Impact Presentations
- French. Functional written and conversational
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- IEEE member
- SPIE member
- New York State Regents Scholarship winner
- Transitional Year Program outstanding student - Binghamton University
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of technical publications for peer reviewed scientific journals.
- M.S. Physics, New York University, Polytechnic, Brooklyn, NY
- B.S. Physics, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY